Covid Safety at the Aldwych
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Aldwych Theatre. Please familiarise yourself with our Covid safety measures ahead of your visit.
A reminder of these measures, along with any recent changes, will be sent to you by email three days before your booked performance. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
We are trialling a Covid Certification system for the comfort and reassurance of all our audience members. We request that all audience members bring with them one of the following Covid certifications:
- Proof of full vaccination with any vaccine approved by the World Health Organization, should you have received both doses at least 14 days prior to your performance time. You can present this certification via the NHS Covid Pass within the NHS App or NHS Covid Pass letter or any internationally recognised equivalent, or by presenting your vaccination certificate (or a copy of it).
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test via the NHS Covid App or a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace, or an internationally recognised equivalent. This test must be taken within 48 hours of your performance time.
- Should you have natural immunity based on a positive PCR test taken within 10-180 days prior to the date of the performance, please present this proof via the NHS Covid Pass within the NHS App.
Please note that this only applies to audience members aged 18 and over. Attendees under the age of 18 will be asked for verbal confirmation (by them or by a parent or guardian on their behalf) that they have not tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 10 days and are not currently displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
Face Masks / Coverings
During your visit, we ask that you please wear a face covering at all times out of consideration for those around you. If you are exempt for medical reasons, please speak to a member of our team.
To ease congestion and help manage your entrance into the theatre, you will be sent a text message suggesting the time you should arrive. Our staff at the venue will be on hand to ensure a smooth transition into the venue.
We encourage you to register you and your party’s details for NHS track and trace purposes. You can do this easily via the link in the text that you will receive on the day of the show or alternatively the NHS QR code will be available to scan at the front doors.
We will be operating a contactless bag check. We will not be able to offer a cloakroom service at this time so please limit your belongings to a maximum of one small bag per person.
All tickets are now e-tickets that can be printed at home or displayed on your phone. These will be registered using contactless scanners upon arrival.
To reduce queues at our bars, we are offering multiple service options:
Pre-Order - A text message will be sent to all bookers about five hours before their performance. Here you can view your e-tickets and also pre-order drinks without having to register for an app.
- Pre-show drinks will be available to collect from our fast-track queue at the bar on your seat level.
- Interval drinks will be set out in alphabetical order (by surname) on the shelves in the bar on your seat level.
- Order from your seat - Ushers will be available to serve you at your seats. You will be able to order drinks pre-show and for the interval.
- Visit the bar on your level. Our bar team will be happy to help.
Contactless payment will be available when purchasing refreshments or merchandise. We will not be accepting cash at this time.
Hand sanitising units will be available upon arrival and throughout the theatre.
The theatre will be cleaned thoroughly before every show, with high touch-point areas cleaned at regular intervals. As part of our enhanced cleaning regime we are using ShieldplusTM, an anti-microbial nano-technology protection spray, that has been proven to deactivate the coronavirus on contact and remains active for up to 90 days.
We will maximise the amount of fresh air circulating around the venue during every performance. Please be aware that as a result the temperature inside the auditorium will be more affected by the external temperatures than usual, and may create draughts that would normally be avoided.
We kindly ask all patrons to refrain from singing along or loudly cheering, out of consideration for those around you.
Autographs and Meeting Cast
Unfortunately autograph signings, and cast meet and greets are currently not permitted.
Free Exchange Policy
If you hold tickets to a performance with us but feel unwell or are required to self-isolate, please contact us at least 24 hours before the event and we will exchange your tickets to another date.
If you have any questions about your visit or about how these policies may affect you, please contact us at [email protected]
Updated 11.50, 04 August 2021