Responsible Visitor Charter
We are constantly looking for new ways to maintain and improve our green practices and status. Our Responsible Visitor Charter details ways in which you could help us:
- Leave the car behind. Our theatres are within a ten minute walk from cultural hotspots such as Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Street, Charlotte Street’s restaurants and the British Museum. Why not plan your day to allow you a gentle stroll to the theatre? We are also in easy reach of a number of Santander Cycle Hire docks. As for public transport, we are close to tube stations and have bus routes passing right by.
- Respect the local area. Help us to look after our local environment by not littering, using the recycling points nearby and keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be water wise. When using the theatre’s facilities, please do use the water wisely.
- Use e-tickets. Showing your tickets on your smartphone or tablet instead of printing saves on paper and the energy used in mass printing heavy card tickets.
- Use our bins. None of our waste goes to landfill. Any non-recyclable waste collected from the theatre is incinerated to produce green heat and energy, so please do make use of the bins provided.
- Support ‘Green Tourism’. There are hundreds of businesses showing their commitment to reducing their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Based on their efforts, businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold for their efforts to be more sustainable.
The Aldwych and Dominion Theatres are proud to use Vegware compostable cups in place of plastic and run plastic straw-free bars.
In 2015 the Dominion Theatre received a coveted Gold Award from Green Tourism.