Responsible Visitor Charter
We are constantly looking for new ways to maintain and improve our green practices and status. Our Responsible Visitor Charter details ways in which you could help us:
- Leave the car behind. Our theatres are within a ten minute walk from cultural hotspots such as Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Street, Charlotte Street’s restaurants and the British Museum. Why not plan your day to allow you a gentle stroll to the theatre? We are also in easy reach of a number of Santander Cycle Hire docks. As for public transport, we are positioned within close proximity to tube stations and have bus routes passing right by. For full information including radial walking maps, visit the contact us pages for either the Aldwych Theatre or Dominion Theatre.
- Respect the local area. Help us to look after our local environment by not littering, using the recycling points nearby and keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be water wise. When using the theatre’s facilities, please do use the water wisely.
- Print your own tickets. It saves the energy and mass printing of heavy card tickets, and saves you money too.
- Use our bins. We have a waste agreement in place that sees 100% of the theatre’s waste recycled, so please do make use of the bins provided.
- Use glass. Help keep the need for non-reusable plastic containers to a minimum by treating yourself to a drink in a glass. Unfortunately, our licence does not permit glass in the auditorium, so please enjoy the bar facilities before taking your seat. Drinks can be transferred into plastic containers before entering the auditorium if you so wish.
- Support ‘Green Tourism’. There are hundreds of businesses showing their commitment to reducing their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Based on their efforts, businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold for their efforts to be more sustainable.
In 2015 the Dominion Theatre received a coveted Gold Award from Green Tourism. Click here for more information.